Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Washer Dog Tags


Ok, so I'm stuck on washers and maybe you are too or maybe you don't know anything about them. Well let me start off with saying it's not anything new, but I am so fascinated by the possibilities of these small, inexpensive, disc and the things that you can do with them. Here is just one example. 


Here is what you need:
Washers
Metal Stamps
Hammer
Sharpie
Cloth & Alcohol Rub

All I did was pick up (buy) a cheap set of metal stampers from Harbor Freight. They are on sale right now for $8.99. If you use the 20% off coupon you can get them for about $7. I think I only paid $5. when I bought mine. Super cheap!


I  laid my washers out on the garage floor and with my stamper in one hand and my hammer in the other I tap tap tapped away. I suggest doing a practice run first using a scrap piece of metal or another washer you don't plan to use for your project.


When you have the finished image on to your washer, take your sharpie and color in the image, then wipe off the excess ink with a damp cloth or use alcohol rub on a cloth and rub away any remaining ink. All that will be left is the ink inside the stamped image. (8 

Have Fun and ENJOY!

Thanks for stopping by...Carlene

No comments:

Post a Comment