Friday, August 10, 2012

DIY Fabric Labels


I decided to try to make my own fabric labels the other day and well, this is how they turned out...


They were simple to make as I already had everything on hand. 


A little iron on transfer paper from Joann's, a bit of twill tape I have been gathering from different places...some was wrapped around a blanket I bought a while ago and another large piece came with my camera bag, I had a container of repurposed draw strings, I also used ribbon from my stash. 


A little Fray Check and a lighter for the unruly edges. A hot iron and a clean white cloth to seal the image and remove any leftover residue. 


These are my favorite. They look clean and simple, the color is neutral to match any project, this fabric is very soft and breathable. I think they would look great on any project.


They can be attached by sewing them on, or ironing them on by first adding therm-o-web to back. I plan to sew them on by turning the edges under first then top stitching all the way around.


  ENJOY!
& Thanks for stopping by...Carlene

No comments:

Post a Comment